Business Development Manager
Miami Beach, FL
Who we are
Atwave is a performance marketing email agency that focuses on new customer acquisition through one media channel - email marketing. Atwave works closely with a wide net of branded clients, helping them to achieve their email marketing goals. Atwave's team prides themselves of being the absolute best at what they do and extremely innovative in their approach. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to help take our business to the next level.
We are seeking a skilled Business Development Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a highly driven, self-motivated, proven sales professional who can confidently represent our brand and has experience in the digital advertising space.
This position lays the foundation for a successful sales and business development career in marketing, media, ad-tech, or mar-tech. There is a path for career growth within Atwave for the right candidate willing to learn and work toward that goal.
Goals / remit
- Report directly to the Director of Sales Operations.
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation through cold email, cold calling and social media to target prospect audiences; develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with key prospects.
- Prepare and conduct high impact sales presentations to marketing decision makers and high-level executives.
- Develop a strong understanding of client goals and objectives and build customized sales strategies to achieve them, modelling out performance projections during the sales pitch.
- Review daily marketing news and intelligence from a selection of sources, where relevant stories are highlighted and investigated for new prospect opportunities.
- Drive revenue and achieve quarterly sales goals with your growing portfolio.
- Travel and attend in-person meetings and industry conferences regularly to build client relationships and generate new business.
- Manage all sales activities, opportunities and account information within sales CRM software.
- Deliver feedback and insights from client meetings and internal meetings to successfully close deals, help the company scale, and drive higher client retention.
- Confidently communicate Atwave’s overall business objectives and value proposition to new audiences, clients and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; focus in marketing, communications or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Digital Marketing Ad Sales and/or Agency Sales experience with a proven track record of hitting sales goals (with both new and existing clients).
- Strong knowledge of the current digital advertising ecosystem, especially in the areas of performance marketing, including Cost Per Click, Cost Per Lead, Cost Per Action, Cost Per Thousand (CPC, CPL, CPA, CPM).
- Experienced in applying Account Based Sales techniques highly desired
- Entrepreneurial, high energy, and flexible; ability to multi-task, prioritize, roll up sleeves and deliver; results oriented
- Depth of knowledge in sales management and operations, proposal processing (RFP), and associated tools and technologies (Hubspot or equivalent).
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and creative thinking abilities
- Must be able to travel frequently